I am so excited to introduce to you my curated list of Gift Items for my Holiday Gift Guide 2020 Gifts That Give Back! Today is December 1st otherwise known as Giving Tuesday! There are so many wonderful organizations out there that donate proceeds and make charitable donations it was difficult to pick only a few. What better way to give a gift but know that it is also helping someone in need! So here we go….my curated list of favorites for 2020. Some of which I have had the honor of being part of the contribution. I feel empowered to spread the love they are sharing everyday!
Please note I am not being endorsed by any of these brands to promote their business or cause. This list was personally curated by yours truly! I felt they deserved some recognition for their achievements, accomplishments and most importantly for Giving Back to their community!
1. Beantown Blankets if you are a Bostonian, you might have heard that this fabulous organization was created by Babson College student Max Perry! Giving with purpose was his assignment and he has by far reached his goal! For every purchase made, Beantown Blankets donates to those in need! Since holiday parties are cancelled this year due to COVID, I have been putting together gift boxes for my Corporate Clients (in lieu of their holiday parties this year). I presented Beantown Blankets as the perfect GIFT BACK-doctors, nurses, frontline workers and all the families of the Department of Surgery at Brigham and Women’s Hospital will be receiving gift boxes with their custom logo gift blanket on them (embroidered by Sew Forth) and for every blanket purchased, one was donated -my client was able to pick the charities they wished to donate the 550 blankets to: Rosie’s Place, Camp Harborview and Pine Street Inn.
2. Lush has been one of my favorites (and they have so many adorable star products-I gifted their product to my staff last Holiday Season). I am in love with the awesome scents and perfect products-shower wash Olive Branch and Pixy dust lotions and Bath Balms of colorful shapes filled with fizz and glitter. Ahh…. the product is perfect for my sensitive skin! Help spread some love….100% Proceeds from their body lotion, Charity Pot helps fund grassroot organizations!
4. State bags are not only beautifully designed and so functional for work, everyday and play, but their motto is Give. Back. Pack. There team leads inspirational high energy motivational events across the country encouraging kids to beat the odds stacked up against them and fueling their school days with fully packed backpacks with their “Bag Drop” initiative. They are constantly finding ways to support struggling American kids, families and communities get the help they need and empowering them all at the same time!
5. Family Meal Recipes From Our Community is available as a download-it was released this past May 2020 during the pandemic. The proceeds from this book help support America’s Restaurant Industry, which in turn helps my hubby who works for US Foods. I believe food is what brings people together and what better way to practice what you preach then downloading 50 recipes from Culinary Masters like Ina Garten and Bobby Flay! Eat your way thru cooking while supporting the Restaurant Workers Covid 19 Emergency Relief Fund!
6. Bitty & Beau’s is just the most amazing Not-Your-Average Coffee Shop. It truly is a unique customer service experience! I stumbled upon this delicious coffee shop in Charleston, SC last month (recognized from their story on the news) and there are other locations in Maryland, Georgia and North Carolina. Rumor has it they are opening soon in DC! Owners Ben and Amy Wright named their coffee shop after their two kids who have Down syndrome, Bitty & Beau. They have made it their mission to employ people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. If you can’t visit their shop, purchase an adorable tee, apron or coffee cup and know you are helping their business one purchase at a time! #notbroken
7. Love Your Melon has brought the cool back into wearing a hat! It feels so great to know every purchase helps support research and programming in the fight against pediatric cancer. In 2019 Love Your Melon gave over 1 million dollars to non profit organizations to help children fighting cancer. Did you know they have an option to customize your hats for the perfect holiday gift for your staff or business and is the perfect swag to outfit your guests at your Bar/Bat Mitzvah Celebration!
How fabulous are these Boston Themed Gift Boxes-550 to package and get out the first week of December!